Located about 2 km south of Rocky Mountain House, the site contains portions of both the Clearwater River and Prairie Creek.
[FP, NOT MUCH ON THIS NA.]
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
In close proximity to urban areas, this site is less than 1 km south of the confluence of the Prairie Creek and Clearwater River. The latter empties into the North Saskatchewan River about 1 km north of the NA.
Clearwater River originates at the Clearwater Mountain and the name is believed to be descriptive. It has been in use since at least 1814 .
|Site Name||Prairie Creek Clearwater (PNT)|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Subtype||Protective Notation (PNT)|
|Natural Region(s)||Dry Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||N/A|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||495|
|Site # (Parks Website)||N/A|
|Total Area||64.81 ha. (160.15 ac.)|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is the Government of Alberta.
- Aubrey, Merrily K., ed. Concise Place Names of Alberta. Calgary: University of Calgary Press, 2006; p. 69.
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.