Divided into four non-contiguous portions, this NA is about 30 km northeast of Westlock. The major portion is located in Athabasca County , with the smaller one in Westlock County.
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
This Protected Notation (PNT) site is divided into four areas, non-contiguous except for two touching at a diagonal point. Between the protected area to the west of Armstrong Lake and the largest portion to the north is private land (see the above landownership map from Athabasca County ).
No other information is available for this site.
|Site Name||Armstrong Lake (PNT)|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Subtype||Protective Notation (PNT)|
|Natural Region(s)||Dry Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||N/A|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||558|
|Site # (Parks Website)||N/A|
|Total Area||883.46 ha. (2183.09 ac.)|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Government of Alberta.
Maps – Athabasca County (accessed 2022-12-04).
- Why not link to the Land ownership map directly: Athabasca County, Land Ownership Map
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
[HT: area size agrees w/ Chris]
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.