This site is on the north side of the Peace River, east of Highway 2. The Natural Area has two parts separated by private land and is downstream (east) of the Dunvegan Provincial Park.
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
Two portions of crown land are separated by a private land holding. Based on the county map, it appears both parcels of land have agricultural leases .
Scottish Castles. “Historic Dunvegan” features four authentically restored buildings. The community’s name refers to the ancestral home of Archibald Norman McLeod who established a Northwest Company trading post here in 1805. An important trading hub, it did not close until 1918 .
|Site Name||Dunvegan (PNT)|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Subtype||Protective Notation (PNT)|
|Natural Region(s)||Dry Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||N/A|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||21|
|Site # (Parks Website)||N/A|
|Total Area||320.34 ha. (791.60 ac.)|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Government of Alberta. All websites accessed 2022-11-13.
- Municipal District of Fairview No. 136, Ownership Map.
- Aubrey, Merrily K., ed. Concise Place Names of Alberta. Calgary: University of Calgary Press, 2006, p. 97.