Located about 35 km southwest of Innisfail and south of the Red Deer River. Named for the reported highest point between Calgary and Edmonton.
[FP, MEDIUM BECAUSE OF THE MULTIPE REFERENCES]
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
Eagle Hill is an unincorporated community southwest of Innisfail . The nearby hill for which the community and PNT are named is reported to be the highest point between Calgary and Edmonton. Eagles nesting in this location was the reputed inspiration for the name  although a forest fire in 1898 disrupted this pattern and the eagles were said to have disappeared .
[FP, THIS BEGS A QUESTION OF HOW FAR WEST IS ONE ALLOWED TO GO TO MAKE THIS DETERMINATION. GIVEN THE ABSCENSE OF OTHER CONTENT, PERHAPS LET IT GO WITH A REFERENCE].
|Site Name||Eagle Hill (PNT)|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Subtype||Protective Notation (PNT)|
|Natural Region(s)||Dry Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||N/A|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||407|
|Site # (Parks Website)||N/A|
|Total Area||64.65 ha. (159.75 ac.)|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Government of Alberta – [LINK] (All links accessed on 2022-MM-DD).
- Eagle Hill, Alberta – Wikipedia.
- Digital Collections – The eagle calls : history of Eagle Hill (ucalgary.ca), p. 22.
- Aubrey, Merrily K., ed. Concise Place Names of Alberta. Calgary: University of Calgary Press, 2006; p. 100.
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.