Located about 45 km southeast of Lac la Biche, this PNT is near but not on Frenchman Lake.
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
The western boundary of the PNT approximately aligns with the border of the Municipal Districts of Lac la Biche and Bonneville. The surrounding land is likely Crown given over to grazing leases although the land ownership map for Bonneville is inconclusive in this respect .
In 1984, Frenchman Lake (to the north of the site) was the subject of land use study which recommend mixed use for this area .
|Site Name||Helina Area (PNT)|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Subtype||Protective Notation (PNT)|
|Natural Region(s)||Central Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||N/A|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||395|
|Site # (Parks Website)||N/A|
|Total Area||129.93 ha. (321.06 ac.)|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Government of Alberta – [LINK] (All links accessed on 2022-MM-DD).
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.