Sand Lake Natural Area, 15 km northwest of Fairview, contains open pine stands, black spruce-tamarack wetlands, aspen woods and willow shrub land.
[FP, NOT A LOT OF INFO ON SAND LAKE]
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
It is an area of stabilized sand dunes with a mosaic of forested ridges and wetlands. The site’s diverse habitats are home to a wide variety of plants and animals.
|Site Name||Sand Lake|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Natural Region(s)||Dry Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||519/95|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||26|
|Site # (Parks Website)||501|
|Total Area||2896.79 ha. (7158.05 ac.)|
|Recreation Activities||Cross-country skiing, Hiking – front country, Wildlife viewing|
|Operated By||Parks Division|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Information & Facilities – Sand Lake Natural Area | Alberta Parks (All links accessed on 2022-12-11).
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.