Encompassing Spruce Island Lake, this NA is about 40 km north of Westlock and 90 km north of Edmonton.
[FP, NOT MUCH ON THIS NA]
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
Spruce Island Lake Natural Area consists of gently rolling terrain around Spruce Island Lake, Horseshoe Lake and numerous smaller water bodies and wetlands.
|Site Name||Spruce Island Lake|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Natural Region(s)||Central Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||584/92|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||396|
|Site # (Parks Website)||487|
|Total Area||825.73 ha. (2040.40 ac.)|
|Recreation Activities||none noted|
|Operated By||Parks Division|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Information & Facilities – Spruce Island Lake Natural Area | Alberta Parks (All links accessed on 2023-01-14).
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.