The locality of ‘Highway’ is located about 11 km north of the NA and both are about 100km northwest of Edmonton.
[FP, NOT A LOT ON THIS NA]
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
This site occurs on two northwest-southeast trending ridges dissected by creeks. There are several springs in the area. The natural area contains: mainly regenerating aspen (fire in 1956); some mature white spruce-aspen stands; sedge meadow in northwest quarter; some mature balsam poplar along creek; good wildlife habitat.
Highway is (Not) on a highway. The locality, ‘Highway’ is on two secondary highways, 751 and 647. The Highway NA does not appear to be accessible from any highways or roads .
Surrounded by Crown Land? The northern border of the NA straddles the Woodlands and Yellowhead Counties with the site being wholly in Yellowhead County. Based on a review of the county’s landownership map, the surrounding land appears to be Crown land .
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Natural Region(s)||Central Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||951/75|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||385|
|Site # (Parks Website)||541|
|Total Area||259.75 ha. (641.85 ac.)|
|Recreation Activities||none noted|
|Operated By||Parks Division|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Information & Facilities – Highway Natural Area | Alberta Parks (All links accessed on 2023-01-07).
- Based on an analysis of the SAPAA Google map.
- County Maps – Yellowhead County (yhcounty.ca)
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.