An irregularly shaped NA, this PNT is about 10 km northeast of Westlock and directly south of the hamlet of Nestow.
[FP, MEDIUM DUE TO MULTIPLE REFERENCES]
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
Nestow is a small hamlet (population, ~5), east of Westlock
and North of Edmonton . Its name was taken from the Cree word for ‘brother-in-law’ although the reason for this choice is not known .
A Missing Section completes an otherwise rectangular site. This portion is owned by Westlock County; the Alberta Conservation Association owns the land to the south of the site . The Steward for this area received the Outstanding Individual Steward Award in 2008 .
|Site Name||Nestow (PNT)|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Subtype||Protective Notation (PNT)|
|Natural Region(s)||Dry Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||N/A|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||340|
|Site # (Parks Website)||N/A|
|Total Area||116.27 ha. (287.31 ac.)|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Government of Alberta – [LINK] (All links accessed on 2022-MM-DD).
- Nestow – Wikipedia
- Aubrey, Merrily K., ed. Concise Place Names of Alberta. Calgary: University of Calgary Press, 2006; p. 226.
- Westlock County – County Maps
- SAPAA Newsletter No. 20 September 2008, Awards, p. 2.
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.