Made up of two parcels of land with the southern portion on the Pembina river. Moon Lake is nearby and to the south of the northern portion.
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
The portion of this natural area that is adjacent to the river is comprised of river terraces and rolling uplands incised by several creeks. Vegetation includes upland aspen-balsam poplar forest (both mature & second growth), black spruce-larch/dwarf birch wetlands, sedge meadow and some paper birch and balsam poplar stands.
Intervening Parcels of Land between the two portions of the NA is a mix of private, Crown and Parkland County land .
Moon Lake is a translation of the original aboriginal name for the nearby small body of water, it is likely descriptive .
|Site Name||Pembina River Moon Lake|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Natural Region(s)||Central Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||158/77|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||135|
|Site # (Parks Website)||561|
|Total Area||107.48 ha. (265.59 ac.)|
|Recreation Activities||none noted|
|Operated By||Parks Division|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Information & Facilities – Pembina River-Moon Lake Natural Area | Alberta Parks (All links accessed on 2023-01-13).
- Maps – Parkland County
- Peel 5240: Geographic Board of Canada, Place-names of Alberta (1928) (ualberta.ca), p. 89.
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.