This site is divided into three portions. They straddle Prefontaine Lake and form the southern border of Brock Lake. All three are non-contiguous.
[Sorry guys, the only photo I have from the visit, replace with the map if you prefer-FRANK]
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
Prefontaine Brock Lakes Natural Area encompasses rolling uplands with flat to depressional areas around lakes. Willow shrublands are common and there is good moose and deer habitat. This is an important waterfowl nesting/staging (Alberta Parks web site, 2012).
The three sites are non-contiguous separated by either the lakes or by private land . A site visit in January 2021 indicated some off highway vehicle disturbance in the area although not as excessive as found in Park Court Natural Area which lies about 5km to the Southwest .
|Site Name||Prefontaine Brock Lakes|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Natural Region(s)||Dry Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||454/71|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||132|
|Site # (Parks Website)||563|
|Total Area||190.32 ha. (470.29 ac.)|
|Recreation Activities||none noted|
|Operated By||Parks Division|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Government of Alberta – Information & Facilities – Prefontaine Brock Lakes Natural Area | Alberta Parks (2022-02-18).
- “Lac St. Anne County (Land Ownership) Map.” 1:100,000 (est.). Sangudo, Alberta: Lac St. Anne County, November 18, 2019. https://www.lsac.ca/index.php/county-maps.
- Site Visit, 2021-01-12, unpublished, F.Potter.
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.