The site is divided into two portions with the smaller Western portion on the Pembina River. There is good wildlife habitat, with reports of elk using the area and abundant bird species within the site.
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
Park Court Natural Area encompasses an area of moderately rolling uplands with a steep embankment along the Pembina River. The uplands are mainly aspen or aspen-balsam poplar forest and the river embankment varies from sparsely vegetated, eroding cliffs to more gently-sloping areas with aspen forest or shrublands. The westerly portion on the Pembina river is incised by a deep ravine with white spruce-paper birch-balsam poplar forest. There is good wildlife habitat, with reports of elk using the area and abundant bird species (Alberta Parks web site, 2012).
A site visit in 2021 indicated that the Eastern portion was highly disturbed by off-highway vehicles . The land separating the two portions is private .
|Site Name||Park Court|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Natural Region(s)||Dry Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||454/71|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||137|
|Site # (Parks Website)||558|
|Total Area||143.00 ha. (353.34 ac.)|
|Recreation Activities||none noted|
|Operated By||Parks Division|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is: Government of Alberta – Information & Facilities – Park Court Natural Area | Alberta Parks (2022-02-18).
- Site Visit, 2021-01-12, unpublished, F.Potter.
- “Lac St. Anne County (Land Ownership) Map.” 1:100,000 (est.). Sangudo, Alberta: Lac St. Anne County, November 18, 2019. https://www.lsac.ca/index.php/county-maps.
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.