Two quarter sections of land adjoining on the diagonal and located about 50 km west of Pigeon Lake in central Alberta.
[FP, SIMPLE NOT TOO MUCH]
Map of the Area
Any maps and map views are for general information only. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.
Washout Creek Natural Area is a moderately diverse site with mature mixedwood (aspen-white spruce-balsam poplar) stands on the uplands and black spruce and black spruce-tamarack wetlands in low lying areas.
Northwest and Southeast Quarters make up this NA with the opposite quarters being privately held. The quarter section of land adjoining the southeast quarter is a Crown grazing lease .
Oil Spill, Summer 2019 occurred in the NA . An Alberta Energy Regulator investigation did not result in any enforcement actions (File 2019-053) .
|Site Name||Washout Creek|
|Site Type||Natural Area|
|Natural Region(s)||Central Mixedwood|
|O.C. No. (Land Ref. Manual)||454/71|
|PASite ID (Map Ref #)||301|
|Site # (Parks Website)||470|
|Total Area||121.81 ha. (301.00 ac.)|
|Recreation Activities||none noted|
|Operated By||Parks Division|
|Notes and Comments|
The following links are provided as a courtesy but are not verified or endorsed by SAPAA. Clicking on the link will cause you to leave the SAPAA website. Primary source of information is Information & Facilities – Washout Creek Natural Area | Alberta Parks (All links accessed on 2023-01-04).
- Municipal Maps | Wetaskiwin County, AB – Official Website
- Investigation and cleanup underway after oil spill near Edmonton | Globalnews.ca
- Investigations | Alberta Energy Regulator (aer.ca).
Editing, Review and Silence Procedure
- FRANK: Publish page
- HUBERT/PATSY: Assign page for editing by update tbd in the Title (4-
- Review for readability and alignment to SAPAA organizational reputation.
- Best available image
- Review for accuracy including:
- Correct map and site statistics
- Area size is correct
- Standards (e.g. use of hyphens, spelling, etc.)
- References are accessible and and notes match
- Review for formatting, e.g.: Centered captions, No empty blocks
- TEAM: Last walk through
- Any final discussion or notes
- Remove [name] from title
- Add to log book for silence procedure
- Delete these notes.